Sunday 24 June 2012

Fundamental 03: I shall not relate with celebrities who have bipolar disorder

I get a sense of comfort knowing that there’re celebrities who have bipolar disorder. When I’m feeling low I’ll google them and tell myself “Look at all these people who’re rich and famous. They’re bipolar too. Maybe people with bipolar are destined to do great things in life.”
One of my favourite celebrities is George Michael. I’m not sure if he’s bipolar but I’ve watched his interview on Bio channel and he admitted that he was clinically depressed. I like George because he’s a darn good singer/songwriter, he’s the epitome of style, he’s very frank and he was smoking 8 joints a day (like I was).
Recently I’ve started looking for a job after living the life of a bum and a recluse for one and a half years. I was very confused. I’ve spent more than 12 years in the creative industry but my doctor has been persuading me to get a 9-5 job instead. Partially I did agree with him cause I do need aa semblance of a normal life but I didn’t know what else I’d be good at and I hated the fact that I had to rebuild my career from scratch.
I was asking myself what kind of career will be suitable for someone who’s bipolar? Then it struck me that I should stop thinking of people like Mel Gibson, Axl Rose, Stephen Fry, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Carrie Fisher etc. The fact is they can afford to be working for a couple of months and then take a few years off when they're feeling depressed. Celebrities make millions in a short span of time. I don’t.
That’s why I’ve sent my resume to a couple of headhunters telling them that I need a fresh start and I’m fine with a salary that’s lower then what I used to earn. It’s time to be realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment